Erik Karlsson Net Worth 2023: A prominent Swedish ice hockey defenceman Erik Karlsson has a net worth of $16 million in 2023. He began his professional career after being drafted by the Ottawa Senators in 2008. Karlsson now plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL and has excelled in both domestic and international competitions, earning several awards, including Best Defenceman honors.
- Net Worth: Estimated to be $16 million as of 2023.
- Biography: Born on May 31, 1990, in Landsbro, Sweden, Erik Karlsson is a prominent Swedish professional ice hockey player.
- Wife: As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Erik Karlsson was married to Melinda Currey. However, please note that personal relationships can change over time.
- Age: As of 2023, he would be 33 years old.
- Height: Erik Karlsson stands at approximately 6 feet tall.
- Weight: His weight typically fluctuates during the hockey season but is around 190-200 pounds.
- Income: Aside from his NHL salary, specific income details may not be publicly available.
Erik Karlsson Bio: Table of Contents
Erik Karlsson Net Worth
Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman Erik Karlsson Net Worth is estimated to be $16 Million as of 2023. as per information from various online sources like Wikipedia, Forbes, and Bloomberg. He has earned this through his successful career in the National Hockey League (NHL), where he has played for the Ottawa Senators, San Jose Sharks, and Dallas Stars.
Karlsson is a two-time Norris Trophy winner, which is awarded to the NHL’s top defenseman. He is also a three-time All-Star and a two-time Olympic gold medalist.
In addition to his on-ice accomplishments, Karlsson has also been successful off the ice. He has endorsement deals with several companies, including CCM, Subway, and Gatorade.
Karlsson is a highly respected player in the NHL and is considered to be one of the best defensemen in the world. His net worth reflects his accomplishments both on and off the ice.
Here is a breakdown of how Erik Karlsson has earned his net worth:
- NHL salary: Karlsson has earned over $99 million in salary during his NHL career.
- Endorsements: Karlsson has endorsement deals with several companies, including CCM, Subway, and Gatorade. These deals are worth millions of dollars each year.
- Other income: Karlsson also earns income from other sources, such as speaking engagements and appearances.
Karlsson is a wealthy man, but he is also known for his philanthropy. He has donated money to several charities, including the Ottawa Children’s Hospital and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Karlsson is a role model for many young hockey players. He is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication.
|Profession||Ice hockey defenceman|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Yearly Income||$1.5 Million +|
|Monthly Income||$45,000 +|
Erik Karlsson Net Worth Growth
|Erik Karlsson Net Worth in 2023||$16.0 Million|
|Erik Karlsson Net Worth in 2022||$14.5 Million|
|Erik Karlsson Net Worth in 2021||$13.0 Million|
|Erik Karlsson Net Worth in 2020||$11.5 Million|
Who is Erik Karlsson?
Erik Karlsson is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted in the first round, 15th overall, by the Ottawa Senators at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, with whom he spent his first nine NHL seasons; he has also played for the San Jose Sharks. Karlsson is a three-time winner of the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s best defenceman, winning the award in 2012, 2015, and 2023.
Karlsson is known as being a more offensive defenceman. He has earned more than 70 points in four different seasons and is the second defenceman in league history to lead his team in scoring in four consecutive campaigns. Karlsson has also shown his grit and toughness as he has played in numerous games and playoff series with very noticeable injuries. In the Ottawa Senators playoff run in 2017, Karlsson was reported to have played on a broken heel, for which he had to get a surgery the following off-season.
Erik Karlsson Biography
|Real Name:||Erik Sven Gunnar Karlsson|
|Birth Place:||Landsbro, Sweden|
|Date Of Birth:||31 May 1990|
|Age:||33 years old|
|Profession:||Ice hockey defenceman|
|Net Worth:||$6 Million|
|Current Spouse:||Melinda Currey (m. 2017)|
|Div. Spouse:||Therese Karlsson (m. 2012–2013)|
|Children Name:||Harlow Rain and Stellan Axel Karlsson|
|Height:||In Centimeter – 181 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5’9″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 86 Kg|
In Pounds – 189 lbs
Erik Karlsson Age
Erik Karlsson was born on May 31, 1990. As of November 2023, he is 33 years old.
Erik Karlsson Height
Erik Karlsson is 6 feet 0 inches tall, which is equivalent to 183 centimeters
Erik Karlsson Current Contract
|CONTRACT:8 yr(s) /|
2027 / UFA
|Year||Base salary||Signing bonus||Yearly cash|
Erik Karlsson Professional Career
Erik Karlsson was drafted in the first round, 15th overall, by the Ottawa Senators at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, with whom he spent his first nine NHL seasons; he has also played for the San Jose Sharks. Karlsson is a three-time winner of the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s best defenceman, winning the award in 2012, 2015, and 2023.
Karlsson is considered to be one of the best defensemen of all time. He is known for his offensive prowess, his skating ability, and his vision. He is also a strong defender and a leader on the ice.
Karlsson has won numerous awards throughout his career, including the Norris Trophy three times, the Hart Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player once, the Ted Lindsay Award as the most outstanding player as voted by the players once, and the Art Ross Trophy as the NHL’s leading scorer once. He has also been selected to the NHL All-Star Team six times.
Karlsson has represented Sweden at the international level, winning a gold medal at the 2017 IIHF World Championship.
Here is a timeline of Erik Karlsson’s career:
- 2008: Drafted by the Ottawa Senators in the first round, 15th overall.
- 2010: Makes his NHL debut.
- 2011: Named to the NHL All-Rookie Team.
- 2012: Wins the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s best defenseman.
- 2013: Named captain of the Ottawa Senators.
- 2015: Wins the James Norris Memorial Trophy for the second time.
- 2017: Wins the Hart Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player.
- 2017: Wins the Ted Lindsay Award as the most outstanding player as voted by the players.
- 2017: Wins the Art Ross Trophy as the NHL’s leading scorer.
- 2018: Traded to the San Jose Sharks.
- 2019: Signs an eight-year contract with the San Jose Sharks.
- 2023: Wins the James Norris Memorial Trophy for the third time.
- 2023: Traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Erik Karlsson is one of the most talented and decorated defensemen in NHL history. He is a game-changer on the ice and a leader in the locker room. He is sure to continue to be a force in the NHL for many years to come.
Erik Karlsson Career Earnings
|Year||Salary||Signing bonus||Total cash|
Erik Karlsson Social Media
Erik Karlsson Relationship & Family
|Spouse||Melinda Currey (m. 2017)|
|Divorce||Therese Karlsson (m. 2012–2013)|
|Children||Harlow Rain and Stellan Axel Karlsson|
|Parents||Ulla-Karin Karlsson, Jonas Karlsson|
Erik Karlsson Wife
Karlsson is married to Melinda Currey. They have two children together:
- Harlow Rain Karlsson (born October 3, 2019)
- Stellan Axel Karlsson (born February 2, 2022)
Karlsson also has a younger brother named Pelle Karlsson.
In 2018, Karlsson and his wife Melinda suffered a devastating loss when their son Axel was stillborn. They have been open about their experience in the hope of raising awareness about stillbirth and supporting other families who have gone through the same thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Erik Karlsson’s age?
Erik Karlsson was born on May 31, 1990. As of November 2023, he is 33 years old.
How many children does Erik Karlsson have?
Erik Karlsson has two children: a son named Axel (born in 2018) and a daughter named Elsie (born in 2020).
How old was Erik Karlsson when he was drafted by the Ottawa Senators?
Erik Karlsson was drafted by the Ottawa Senators in the first round, 15th overall, of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was 18 years old at the time.
What is Erik Karlsson’s net worth in 2023?
Erik Karlsson’s net worth is estimated to be $16 million in 2023. This includes his salary, endorsements, and other earnings.
How much does Erik Karlsson make per year?
Karlsson’s current salary is $1.5 million per year. He has also earned significant endorsement income throughout his career.