Gruha Jyoti Yojana Karnataka: (Free Electricity in Karnataka) Griha Jyoti Yojana has been started by the Government of Karnataka with the aim of providing relief from electricity bills to the low and poor families. In this article you will know what is Griha Jyoti Yojana? What is the eligibility to apply for the scheme? What is the process to apply for Griha Jyoti Yojana? About all these we will provide you all the information in detail through this article.
Tenants will also be eligible to take advantage of Gruha Jyoti Yojana Karnataka.
Siddaramaiah told reporters- “We will give free electricity (200 units) to those living on rent. Those spending less than 200 units will not have to pay anything.”
Making the announcement on June 6, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday said that tenants are also eligible to avail the benefits of Griha Jyoti Yojana, under which 200 units of free electricity will be given to all domestic consumers in the state from July 1.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme 2023 Key Highlights
|Name of the Scheme||Karnataka Gruha Jyoti Yojana|
|Launched by||Karnataka government|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister of Karnataka state Mr. Siddaramaiah|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of Karnataka|
|Objective||To provide free electricity up to 200 units|
|Official Website||ServicePlus- Gruha Jyothi Scheme (karnataka.gov.in)|
Gruha Jyoti Yojana Karnataka Table of Contents
They won’t get free electricity
During this, the CM made it clear that this scheme will not be applicable on the electricity used for commercial purposes. Griha Jyoti Yojana is one of the five promises made by the Congress before the 2023 assembly elections. The Congress government has announced that the free electricity scheme will be implemented in the state from July 1. The Siddaramaiah government has started preparations for this.
Benefits of Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana
Registration is required on the Seva Sindhu website to avail the program; Customers will have to link their Customer ID/Account ID with Aadhaar and make full payment of any outstanding bill within three months before June 30 so that their energy is not held back.
The number of units of free electricity that a household will get under the program will be determined by using the monthly average of the monthly average usage of the consumers for 2022-23. Only 10% of the average monthly usage by the customers will be eligible for additional units.
The program will go into effect in July. Consumers have been exempted from paying electricity bills starting August if they use their monthly average or less amount of energy.
The residents of Karnataka state will get the following benefits of Griha Jyoti Yojana.
- Through this programme, people will get free electricity up to 200 units.
- To qualify for this program, residents must use 200 units or less of electricity each month.
- The whole state will adopt this scheme.
- Citizens benefiting from this program will pay less for their electricity.
- This scheme will save the money of the citizens.
- Both online and offline methods are available for Griha Jyoti Yojana application submission.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Gruha Jyoti Yojana
for any scheme, you must meet the eligibility criteria set by the government for that particular scheme. Here are the criteria you need to fulfill in order to apply.
- Applicants applying for Griha Jyoti Yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Only residents of Karnataka will benefit from the free electricity.
- Domestic connection is eligible for this program.
- Under Griha Jyoti Yojana, 200 units or less units should be consumed.
Documents Required for Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana
Below is the list of documents required for applying for this scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile number
- Permanent resident of Karnataka state certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Email ID
- Passport size photograph
- Computer Authorized Signature
- Electricity bill
Application Process for Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana
- You do not need to go to any government office to take advantage of the free electricity scheme.
- Because whenever the electricity bill of your house comes, even if the officer makes the bill and you have used only 200 units, it will still be valid. After this the officer will reset your meter reading to zero.
- If a household uses up to 200 units of electricity, it does not have to pay for electricity.
- This process will be done on a monthly basis: If you use even 201 units in a month, you will have to pay the electricity bill for those units; Otherwise, you don’t need it.
Procedure To Apply For Gruha Jyoti Scheme Karnataka
- Firstly, you have to visit the Official Website.
- On the homepage, Click on the GruhaJyoti Scheme option.
- After that Registration form for the scheme will open.
- Fill out all the required details in the registration form and upload all the required documents.
- Click on submit option.
- Now you have successfully applied for this scheme.
Procedure To Check Gruha Jyoti Scheme Application Status
- Firstly, You have to visit the Official Website.
- On the homepage, Click on the beneficiary tab followed by the check status option.
- A new page will open.
- Now enter your registration details such as registration number etc.
- Click on the check status option.
- The status of your application form will open on your screen.
Gruha Jyoti Yojana Karnataka
|Scheme Name||Gruha Jyothi Yojana|
|Initiated by||Government of Karnataka|
|beneficiary||Residents of Karnataka|
|Benefits||Free electricity up to 200 units|
|Application Process||Online / Offline|
Government giving discount to electricity consumers in Delhi
The Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi is giving free electricity to consumers with a monthly consumption of 200 units. Those consuming 201 to 400 units per month get 50 per cent subsidy. As of April 2023, more than 48 lakh out of 58 lakh domestic consumers have applied for electricity subsidy. The AAP government has allocated Rs 3,250 crore for power subsidy in its budget for 2023-24.
Also Read: 13 Ways: How To Earn Money For Free?
What is Gruha Jyoti Yojana in Karnataka?
This is a scheme launched by the Government of Karnataka. Under this scheme, benefits will be provided to families consuming up to 200 units of electricity.
What is the objective of Griha Jyoti Yojana?
GJY aims to save the citizens of the state from the burden of electricity bills. Under this scheme, citizens will have to pay a monthly bill of only a few rupees on the consumption of 200 units of electricity. Visit website for more information.
Who will get the benefit of Griha Jyoti Yojana?
The people of Karnataka state will get the benefits of GJY. But to get the benefits of this scheme applicants have to fulfill all the eligibility. Visit website for more information.
How to apply for Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka?
Every beneficiary has to link the customer ID or account ID with the Aadhaar number. Any consumer cannot integrate more than one electricity meter with the scheme. for more information visit on this website.
As in this article, we have provided you Gruha Jyoti Yojana Karnataka online application and many other information related to it. Apart from these information, if you want any other information, then you can ask by messaging in the comment section below. Hope the information given by us will help you.