Difference between electric inverter and solar inverter how to convert normal inverter to solar inverter how to convert electric inverter to solar inverter. Read the difference between Electric Inverter and Solar Inverter in this article.
Apart from this, we will also know the main things related to inverter. Like – How does the inverter work? Which inverter should be installed at home? How to convert normal inverter to solar inverter?
Convert normal inverter to solar inverter
How does inverter work? The inverter converts the AC supply to DC supply, after which it stores the DC current in the battery. And later whenever the power supply of our home is disconnected, this inverter converts the DC supply to AC in our battery. With the help of which we are able to operate our equipments.
Functions of Electric inverter.
Converter– The function of the converter inside the electric inverter is to convert the AC supply to DC supply. Then the DC current from the converter goes to the charger, this charger is connected to the battery.
Charger– The charger charges the battery, and after the battery is fully charged, it disconnects the supply. So that the battery is safe.
Inverter– Whenever the AC supply of the house is disconnected, the inverter converts the DC supply from the charged battery to AC and the electric appliances of the house get switched on.
How Solar Inverter Works
There are 3 functions inside an electric inverter, similarly we get 5 functions in solar. Converter, Charger, Inverter – All solar inverters also have three functions like a normal inverter.
But we get 2 functions more inside the solar inverter. And due to which, the cost of solar inverter is higher as compared to normal inverter.
Blocker – If you install a solar panel in your home, then this blocker function is a must in your inverter. Blocker function prevents the power stored in the battery from going to the solar panel, so that the power stored in the battery is not consumed by the solar panel.
Charger Controller – Charger controller function is not found in normal inverters. As we all know that solar panel never gives us electricity for 24 hours. It gives us DC current only when it is in sunlight.
Electricity is never received in the same form from the Solar Panel. Like – more in the day, less in the evening, completely closed at night. This can cause damage. Because we all know that while charging the battery, we have to keep the charging speed right. so as not to damage the battery.
So the charger controller controls the power from the solar plate and charges the battery at a certain speed. Which keeps the battery life good.
Which inverter to use at home
A normal inverter can only be used to charge the battery. But can’t use it with solar panels.
Can use solar inverter for both general use and solar panel.
If you are thinking of getting solar plate at home after some time, then you should already install solar inverter.
The cost of a normal inverter is slightly less than a solar inverter.
How to convert electric inverter to solar inverter?
If you already have a normal inverter at home, and you want to convert it into a solar inverter. So for this you have to buy solar charger controller from the market and connect it to your normal inverter.
There are 2 types of solar charger controller available in the market.
- PWM solar charger is made of old technology due to which it consumes some power unnecessarily. Its efficiency has been reported to be up to 70%.
- MPPT solar charger does not waste your power unnecessarily. Its efficiency is said to be 90 to 96%, which will be more profitable for us.
My opinion to you is that MPPT solar charger should be installed in your home. Don’t Buy a Solar Panel Without Reading This First!
Here is a price comparison table for different types of solar charger controllers:
|Solar Charger Controller||Price Range|
|PWM Solar Charger||$20 – $50|
|MPPT Solar Charger||$80 – $200|
Please note that these prices are approximate and may vary depending on the brand, quality, and features of the solar charger controller. It is always recommended to compare prices from different suppliers and retailers before making a purchase.
Simple Step by Step Guide
To convert a normal inverter to a solar inverter, follow these steps:
- Purchase a solar charger controller: You will need to buy a solar charger controller from the market. There are two types available: PWM solar charger and MPPT solar charger. The MPPT solar charger is recommended for better efficiency.
- Disconnect the AC power supply: Ensure that the normal inverter is not connected to the AC power supply before proceeding with the conversion.
- Connect the solar charger controller: Connect the solar charger controller to your normal inverter. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper installation. The solar charger controller will regulate the power from the solar panels and charge the battery at an optimal speed.
- Connect the solar panels: Install the solar panels on your rooftop or outdoor area. Connect the solar panels to the solar charger controller following the provided wiring diagram. Ensure that the panels are properly positioned to receive maximum sunlight.
- Check the wiring and connections: Double-check all the wiring and connections to ensure they are secure and properly connected. Any loose or incorrect connections may affect the performance of the solar inverter.
- Test the system: After completing the conversion process, test the solar inverter system. Verify that the solar panels are generating power and charging the battery. Also, check if the inverter is converting the stored DC power to AC power for your household appliances.
Remember, if you are not familiar with electrical work, it is always advisable to seek the assistance of a qualified electrician to ensure a safe and proper conversion of your normal inverter into a solar inverter.