Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Which one is better for WordPress Blog SEO? It can be a little difficult to decide between Rank Math vs Yoast SEO to create a WordPress Blog search engine optimization, which SEO plugin would be the best. If you want to optimize SEO to WordPress blog, then you need SEO plugin.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Table of Contents
When it comes to WordPress SEO plugins, Yoast SEO is definitely the first name. But, this does not mean that it is the only quality option for SEO on WordPress.
There are many other popular plugins, including Rank Math, which we are going to compare with Yoast SEO. Rank Math is newer than Yoast SEO, but quickly gained popularity.
Also Read Download Silo Blogger Template Free
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Which is better for WordPress Blog SEO?
This article highlights the features of both that make each plugin good so that you can choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Overview
Yoast SEO – Originally launched in 2010, Yoast SEO is by far the most popular WordPress SEO plugin. It was founded by Jost de Vulc, an SEO consultant before launching Yoast SEO. One of the most popular WordPress plugins is over 288 million downloads.
Rank Math – It was launched in late 2018, since launch, Rank Math has steadily increased in popularity and is included in the popular WordPress SEO plugin list. Within two years, it has started to be downloaded / used in greater numbers.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Features
Rank Math – In terms of the sheer number of features available, especially when comparing only the free versions, Rank Math is “better” if you have used those additional features.
Yoast SEO – You will see that Yoast SEO charges for many features that Rank Math gives you for free, such as redirect manager, multiple keyword analysis and internal link suggestions.
Also Read How to earn money in student life
Similar features between Rank Math and Yoast SEO
- Set SEO Title / Meta Description – Automatically create and apply to content and we can manually edit SEO title / description for individual posts.
- Set social media details – Customize text and images for Facebook and Twitter.
- XML Sitemap – Create more customizable XML Sitemaps – Post, Page, Image, Category xml.
- Search Console – To automatically submit a sitemap, connect your site to Google Search Console and view search console analytics inside your WordPress dashboard. If you allow Rank Math to view and download analytics data from Search Console.
- Local SEO and Knowledge Graph – Optimize your site for local SEO (only one location for free).
- Link Counter – Count the number of internal and external links in your content.
- Redirect – Monitor your site for 404 errors. You can redirect common 404 errors to other pages of your site.
- Content Schema Type – Set a custom schema type for individual pieces of content (you can also set up SiteVide defaults).
- Breadcrumbs – Add breadcrumbs to your site.
What are the extras in RankMath?
- Local SEO – Adds structured data to local businesses / knowledge graphs, enhances your contact page, and supports multiple physical locations.
- Video SEO – List your videos in Google Video and add other video SEO enhancements.
News SEO – Optimize your site for Google News, ping Google when you publish posts, create an XML News Sitemap, and more.
- Focus keyword analysis – Rank supports multiple keywords in mathematics, enter one or more focus keywords and see how optimized your content is for those keywords. Only one keyword in Yoast SEO Free Edition.
- Image SEO – Improve image SEO and set alt and title tags automatically.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Setup Process
When you launch both plugins for the first time, it helps to open the setup wizard so that you can configure important infrastructure.
Rank Math Setup Wizard – You can also optionally link your free Rank Math account to unlock some features. Overall, the wizard is quite good and provides a customized experience for basic vs. advanced users:
Yoast SEO Setup Wizard – Yoast SEO includes a configuration wizard that will help you get up and running quickly, although it needs to be launched from the WordPress toolbar. The Yoast SEO dashboard also includes some suggestions and will mark any potential problems with your site.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO User Interface
Rank Math – Rank Math is fully integrated into the block editor. If you used the “meta box” approach with the classic editor. You can open the rank math settings by clicking its icon on the toolbar. The Settings sidebar is divided into four tabs.
- General – Edit snippet descriptions, set a focus keyword, and view analysis.
- Advanced – Configure robot meta information, such as adding a noindex tag.
- Schema – Set schema markup / structured data.
- Social – Set social graph information for Facebook and Twitter.
Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO gives you two ways to set your SEO information, you find a meta box under the editor, which appears in both the block editor and the classic editor. If you use the sidebar in the block editor, you can access all the options in one column.
You can expand each section to see more information. For example, if schema markup settings are enabled, you can set schema type content. And its settings have four columns.
- SEO – Set title / description, view keyword analysis and control advanced settings such as robot tags and canonical links.
- Readability – See Readability Analysis Tips.
- Schema – Choose a schema type for this piece of content.
- Social – Set open graph information for Facebook and Twitter.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Keyword Analysis
Both Rank Math and Yoast SEO support keyword analysis when creating content. You can add the keywords, you target and the plugin will analyze your content to tell you how well it is optimized.
One advantage of rank math is that it lets you analyze multiple keywords for free. With the free version of Yoast SEO, you can only analyze a single keyword (although the premium version allows multiple keyword analysis).
Even with the free version, Rank Math lets you analyze five focus keywords at once. Enter the keywords you want to target and rank the post. You score from 0–100. With some color-coding. If you score above 80, it gives a “beat”, which is good.
Rank Math Keyword Analysis – You can toggle between different keywords by clicking on them in the list. For example, if you choose a different focus keyword, the analysis will change to focus on that specific keyword.
With the free version on WordPress.org, Yoast SEO only lets you analyze a single keyword for each word of content. If you upgrade to the premium version, you can analyze several keywords.
You can use the analysis tips in the sidebar of the block editor or in the meta box below the editor. Yoast SEO scores show only three options, green (good), yellow (fine), red (bad),
Yoast SEO Keyword Analysis – You enter your keyword and then Yoast SEO gives you a score and also compares your content to a list of specific suggestions.
Do you have any additional questions or thoughts on comparing rank math vs Yoast SEO? Have you tried both? If yes, which one did you like? Tell us in the comments!