If you’re looking for an affordable and safe car, the Renault Kiger is a great option in the micro SUV compact segment. It comes with excellent features and safety functions. In this post, we will provide you with all the information about the Renault Kiger. The Renault Kiger is available in a total of five variants in the Indian market: RXE, RXL, RXT, RXT O, and RXZ. It offers 7 monotone and 4 dual-tone color options.
The Renault Kiger is an affordable and safe car option in the micro SUV compact segment. It offers excellent features and safety functions, making it a popular choice in the Indian market.
In terms of variants, the Renault Kiger is available in five options: RXE, RXL, RXT, RXT O, and RXZ. These variants offer a range of features to suit different preferences and budgets.
The car is powered by two types of engines. The first is a 1.0-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine that generates 72 bhp and 96 Nm of torque. The second is a 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine that produces 100 bhp and 160 Nm of torque. Both engine options come with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, and there is an option for a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
In terms of fuel efficiency, the Renault Kiger boasts a mileage of 18.24 kmpl with the manual transmission and 20.5 kmpl with the automatic transmission. This makes it a fuel-efficient choice for those looking to save on their daily commutes.
Overall, the Renault Kiger offers a great combination of affordability, safety, and performance, making it a popular choice among car buyers in India. Say Goodbye to High Fuel Costs: Maruti Suzuki Fronx SUV – Fuel Efficiency at Its Best
Renault Kiger Features
The Renault car comes with many features like an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, and wireless Android Auto with Apple CarPlay connectivity. It also has automatic climate control, wireless mobile charging, engine push-start button, automatic AC vents, and cruise control (only available in the turbo variant). The cabin is simple and comes with premium leather seats. Renault has also introduced the Knight Edition with a full black theme recently.
|Engine Type||1.0L Turbo Petrol Engine|
|Maximum Power||98 bhp @ 5000 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||160 Nm @ 2800-3600 rpm|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual / AMT|
|Fuel Efficiency (ARAI)||20.0 km/l|
|Ground Clearance||205 mm|
|Boot Space||405 Litres|
|Turning Radius||5.2 meters|
|Front Suspension||MacPherson Strut|
|Rear Suspension||Torsion Beam|
|Front Brake Type||Disc|
|Rear Brake Type||Drum|
|Front Tyre Size||195/60 R16|
|Rear Tyre Size||195/60 R16|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||40 Litres|
|Kerb Weight||1012 – 1063 kg|
Please note that specifications may vary depending on the variant. I hope you find this information helpful. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!
Renault Kiger Safety features
The Renault Kiger has received a four-star safety rating from Global NCAP. It comes with features like four airbags, ABS with EBD, speed-sensing door lock, rear camera with parking sensors as standard. The top model also offers electronic stability control, tire pressure monitoring system, traction control system, and hill start assist.
Renault Kiger Price
The price of the Renault Kiger in the Indian market starts at INR 6.5 lakh and goes up to INR 11.23 lakh ex-showroom in Delhi. Currently, Renault is offering a discount of INR 77,000 on the Kiger. The Ultimate Thar Killer: Maruti Suzuki Jimny Budget-friendly with Top-Notch Features
|RXE 1.0L ENERGY MT||₹649990|
|RXT (O) 1.0L ENERGY MT||₹799990|
|RXT (O) 1.0L ENERGY MT DUAL TONE||₹822990|
|RXT (O) EASY-R AMT 1.0L ENERGY||₹854990|
|RXT (O) EASY-R AMT 1.0L ENERGY DUAL TONE||₹877990|
|RXZ 1.0L ENERGY MT||₹879990|
|RXZ 1.0L ENERGY MT URBAN NIGHT||₹894989|
|RXZ 1.0L ENERGY MT DUAL TONE||₹902990|
|RXZ EASY-R AMT 1.0L ENERGY||₹934990|
|RXZ EASY-R AMT 1.0L ENERGY DUAL TONE||₹957990|
|RXZ 1.0L TURBO MT||₹999990|
|RXZ 1.0L TURBO MT URBAN NIGHT||₹1014989|
|RXZ 1.0L TURBO MT DUAL TONE||₹1022990|
|RXZ X-TRONIC (CVT) 1.0L TURBO||₹1099990|
|RXZ X-TRONIC (CVT) 1.0L TURBO URBAN NIGHT||₹1114989|
|RXZ X-TRONIC (CVT) 1.0L TURBO DUAL TONE||₹1122990|
Pros of the Renault Kiger:
- Affordable: The Renault Kiger offers a competitive price point compared to other cars in its segment, making it a budget-friendly choice.
- Safety features: The car comes with several safety features, including four airbags, ABS with EBD, rear camera with parking sensors, and electronic stability control, ensuring a safe driving experience.
- Fuel efficiency: With a mileage of 20.5 kmpl (with the automatic transmission), the Renault Kiger is fuel-efficient, helping you save on daily commutes and long drives.
- Stylish design: The Renault Kiger has a sleek and modern design, with monotone and dual-tone color options, allowing you to choose a style that suits your preferences.
- Spacious interior: Despite being a compact SUV, the Kiger offers ample space for passengers and luggage, with a boot space of 405 liters.
Cons of the Renault Kiger:
- Limited engine options: The Kiger is currently available with only two engine options – a 1.0-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine and a 1.0-liter turbo petrol engine. Some buyers may prefer a wider range of engine choices.
- Limited transmission options: While the Kiger offers a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, the option for a 5-speed AMT gearbox may not be suitable for those looking for more transmission choices.
- Rear seat comfort: While the Kiger provides sufficient space in the rear seats, some users may find the seats less comfortable for long journeys compared to other cars in the segment.
- Limited availability of certain features: Features such as cruise control are only available in the turbo variant, which may be a drawback for buyers who prioritize specific features.
- Service network: Renault’s service network may not be as widespread as some of its competitors, which might pose challenges in terms of availability and convenience for servicing and maintenance.
Please note that these pros and cons are based on general feedback and may vary depending on individual preferences and requirements.
How to Save BIG on Your Next Car Purchase?
If you’re looking to save big on your next car purchase, here are some tips to help you:
- Research and comparison: Before making a purchase, thoroughly research different car models, their features, prices, and reviews. Compare prices from different dealerships and online platforms to find the best deals.
- Consider buying a used car: Purchasing a used car can save you a significant amount of money compared to buying a brand new one. However, make sure to inspect the vehicle thoroughly and consider getting a vehicle history report.
- Negotiate the price: Don’t be afraid to negotiate the price with the seller or dealership. Use the research you’ve done to justify your offer and try to negotiate a lower price or ask for additional perks like free maintenance or extended warranty.
- Timing is key: Consider purchasing a car during the end of the month or end of the year when dealerships are more likely to offer discounts and incentives to meet their sales targets.
- Look for special promotions and incentives: Keep an eye out for manufacturer rebates, cashback offers, or low-interest financing options. These promotions can help you save a significant amount of money on your car purchase.
- Consider financing options: If you’re planning to finance your car, shop around for the best interest rates and loan terms. Compare offers from different banks, credit unions, or online lenders to find the most competitive deal.
- Opt for a fuel-efficient model: Choosing a car with good fuel efficiency can save you money in the long run. Consider the cost of fuel and the estimated mileage of the car to calculate potential savings over time.
- Evaluate insurance costs: Before finalizing your purchase, research the insurance costs associated with the car model you’re interested in. Some cars may have higher insurance premiums due to their value, performance, or safety features.
- Take advantage of trade-in opportunities: If you currently own a car, consider trading it in as part of your new car purchase. Dealerships may offer a trade-in value that can be deducted from the total price of the new car.
- Consider long-term costs: Look beyond the initial purchase price and consider long-term costs such as maintenance, repairs, and depreciation. Opt for a car with a good reliability track record and lower maintenance costs to save money in the long term.
Remember, saving money on your car purchase requires careful research, negotiation, and consideration of all factors involved. By being proactive and thorough, you can find the best deal that suits your budget and needs.