Will talk about Transformer Maintenance. As we all know that in order to use any machine for a long time, we have to maintain and repair it. Transformer is very low maintenance equipment, but we cannot call it maintenance free equipment.
Transformer maintenance Table of Contents
Transformer maintenance checklist is mainly done on daily, monthly, quarterly, every 6 months, yearly basis, 2 years, 10 years’ time intervals.
- The ampere drawn on the transformer should be checked and it should also be kept in mind that the transformer is not operating beyond its capacity.
- The transformer should be visited once every day to see whether there is any oil leakage in the transformer.
- Along with the temperature of the transformer, the temperature of the transformer oil should be checked. (we can check this temperature with the help of OTI and WTI)
- The oil level of the conservator tank of the transformer should also be checked.
- Also Read What is Lubricant, Types of Lubrication on the Basis of Use 2023
After making a checklist of transformers on a daily basis, it is very important to look at some more key points of transformers on a monthly, quarterly basis.
- The breather condition of the transformer should be thoroughly checked once in a month. With it we check the oil level inside the cup. Also, we must check out the silica gel, right is bad.
- It is also necessary to check the oil level of the transformer Buchholz relay once a month.
- We need to check that there is not much dirt on the bushing of the transformer, such as – having dust, mud.
- BDV test, which means breakdown voltage test of transformer oil, as well as insulating test of oil.
- Check system operation of OLTC.
- Also Read What is time for you, the importance of time
Maintenance of transformer on yearly basis
The main part of transformer maintenance on annual basis. In this the transformer is fully tested. A special feature of this maintenance is that it is carried out by turning off the transformer.
- The function of the Buchholz relay is thoroughly tested. Such as the wiring of the Buchholz relay, its NC terminal, etc.
- Inside the marshalling box of the transformer, we need to check the tightness of all the terminal connections. Marshalling box heater should also be checked.
- Winding insulation resistance test of transformer is the key. By doing this, we get to know the insulation strength of the winding.
- Clean the body of the transformer completely and paint it if the paint has been removed at any place.
Keeping in mind the safety and life of the transformer, this very important checklist is completed once in every 2 years.
Transformer’s OTI oil temperature indicator and WTI winding temperature indicator test the meter properly. So that we do not show wrong temperature.
Tan-Delta test of bushing of transformer is also done once in 2 years.
In 10 years, the transformer is thoroughly checked from inside. Overall internal inspection is done. Such as checking the core of the transformer, inspecting the winding and checking its condition, etc.
Today’s post is about “How to earn money from bank” in which we will tell you about all online and offline ways to earn money from bank, so that even educated people can earn money from bank as well as illiterate people can also earn money. can earn This post is only about earning money…
Sean Gunn Net Worth 2023: The well-known American actor Sean Gunn has an estimated net worth of $7 million in 2023. He was born on May 22, 1974, in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Sean makes his living through his acting career and has become famous for his roles in various movies and TV series.…
Rights of a Wife: The purpose of this article is to tell you about the fundamental Rights of Wives have. If you are unfamiliar with these rights, this knowledge can prove extremely valuable. We will provide a broad overview of the various rights available to women and the circumstances in which they can exercise these…